|( Photo donated by Allan Forrest, 2009)|
Forrest’s Greenhouses at Braidwood Loch, 30 May 1948
The shorter greenhouse on the left, where the young plants were raised, was heated by a coal fire in the hut. The fire was stoked at night to keep it going.
Tomatoes were watered from Braidwood Loch. There was a valve at the loch across the road.